- Taking part in pre-flight briefings about the flight, the passengers and the schedule.
- Performing pre-flight checks to ensure that security equipment is working properly and that the plane is stocked with enough food for the flight.
- Greeting passengers as they board and directing them to their seats.
- Making sure that passengers are aware of safety procedures and demonstrating how to use emergency equipment.
- Ensuring that hand-luggage is securely stowed.
- Making announcements on behalf of the captain.
- Serving food and drink.
- Selling duty-free items.
- Performing first aid if necessary.
- Ensuring that passengers follow safety procedures in an emergency.
- Making sure that passengers leave the plane safely.
- Completing flight reports after the journey.
- A good level of general fitness and the ability to swim at least 25 metres
- A valid passport without restrictions
- Clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- A minimum height restriction as you will need to be able to reach all the safety equipment in the aircraft
- A minimum age restriction which is usually 18
- You will need excellent communication skills in order to understand and see to your customers’ needs, especially in the case of an emergency.
- Cabin crew need to be dedicated to excellent customer service as their main role is to provide a comfortable and safe experience for their passengers.
- Cabin crew members need to work together as a team to make sure that all passengers are looked after and comfortable.
- Numeracy skills are useful for handling money.
- In the case of an emergency, it is essential that cabin crew have the ability to remain calm.
- The ability to deal with a range of people in a polite but firm way is important in such a confined working environment.
As an airworthiness engineer, you are likely to have an immense set of skills as well as a wealth of experience and technical knowledge. However, without a fantastic CV that succinctly demonstrates these achievements, you’ll struggle to land your dream...
What skills can really shine on an aerodynamics engineer’s CV?Aerodynamics engineers perform duties in designing, constructing and testing aircraft. They may also conduct basic and applied research to evaluate adaptability of materials and equipment to...
Having an effective CV can be the difference between landing your dream job, and searching for months for a job you’ll settle in.When applying for a new job, engineers must showcase their skillset to impress recruiters. Being able to sell yourself in the...