Aerodynamics engineer job responsibilities
- generating, calculating, documenting, and maintaining accurate performance information, based on flight test data. Often these engineers are also required to work closely with the marketing, customer service, legal and air safety departments.
- Testing and report-writing
- Presenting research to team leaders, professional bodies or clients and suppliers.
- Conducting day to day evaluation work carried out in laboratories
- Wind tunnel and flight simulator test programmes
- Aircraft configuration testing.
What qualifications will I need?
What skills does an aerodynamics engineer have?
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work in a team
- Project management
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving and decision making
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Strong organisational skills
The BBC reported today that the government will consider cutting air passenger duty on domestic flights as part of a plan to save regional airline Flybe, after it was suggested by Sky News that the airline is in crunch talks for emergency funding. The...
Lots of people look to make changes in the new year - be healthier, try new hobbies, meet new people and possibly even land a new job. Maybe this is the first job you've looked for in some time - you might be out of practice when it comes to the hunt, or might...
Following on from our article from last month, we look this month at the final checks the airline will want to perform before firmly offering you the position. After the excitement of the Cabin Crew Assessment Day and interview it can be frustrating to have to wait...