As the coronavirus continues to keep everyone at home, it can make hiring and onboarding difficult with the suspension of physical contact.
Since we don’t know how long we’ll be stuck in this situation, recruiters will need to identify other, more creative ways to hire and onboard employees along with other operational issues. So how can you do that?
Virtual career fairs
Did you attend our virtual job fair on Friday 20th March? In today’s quarantine world, these events allow companies to meet with job seekers, without having to physically gather a crowd. Employers have the chance to take their career fair to every participant’s space, virtually.
The virtual setting mimics the feel of a physical event, minus the typical restrictions you might face at a physical one.
Here are some of the benefits to holding a virtual career fair:
- Higher visitor attendance: Given the amount of people who are at home right now, joining a virtual fair requires them to do very little, except log in to the event online. Because attendance is so simple, you’ll see a much higher participation rate. It removes all time and constraints.
- Easy exchange of information: No paper needed, the career fairs allow employees to provide candidates with company videos, FAQs and brochures – which also provides for much cheaper events preparation, like avoiding printing costs for materials.
- Uncompromised employer branding: Brand your company to a global audience with the help of branded custom virtual booths
- Increased employer-candidate engagement: You have the added benefit of using live text, audio and video chat, giving you the ability to interact with potential employees for an improved and effective analysis from across the world. Similarly, job seekers can have discussions and schedule meetings with company representatives for any or all sorts of queries.
- Measurable results: You have the ability to monitor your event with real time reporting and measure your ROI with detailed reports at the end of the event.
Want a sneak peek? Here’s an insight into the job fair we held:
Considering holding a virtual fair? Click the button below for more information from our official providers, VFairs:
Do you find setting up calls, coordinating meetings, and aligning follow ups with candidates time-consuming? Then video assessments could give you back some valuable time.
Gather all of your candidates on one platform and streamline a standardised procedure for them to follow – guaranteed to save you precious time and allow you to better assess the results with tools like Evalufy, a video assessment platform that helps you measure candidates against your benchmarks through customised assessments, video responses and collaborative scoring.
Not only does this free up some of your time that is probably now spent trying to combat the issues arising off the back of covid-19, it makes your hiring process much more effective.
Virtual on-boarding fair
Everyday processes such as onboarding new employees were also one of the many things disrupted due to the spell of coronavirus. While existing employers might still be aware of the regular protocols, new and motivated joiners might find themselves without an understanding, as a result of the lack of transitioning due to physical interaction.
Hosting a Virtual Onboarding Fair can help you welcome and train new employees remotely, ensuring your processes, and their tasks are unaffected by the remote work conditions.
Benefits of using Virtual Onboarding Fairs:
- Get employees to register for the event and easily log in with their employee ID and password
- Allow employees to navigate through a range of on boring processes to chose the booths that carry necessary information, as well as access help desks at all times
- Provide employees with documents, videos, brochures, presentations and all necessary forms
- Allow managers to engage with new teams using live webinars
- Allow the training staff to interact with employers using text/audio/video chat
- Measure the ROI of your event with detailed reports
Speak to our official distributors at V Fairs about running this with your company.
We know budgets are tight at the moment and that Covid-19 has put many of you in a position where you may not be considering recruitment right now. We wouldn’t blame you - these are tough times. While you may not be considering keeping job adverts live, we have other...
By Tasneem Mohammed It’s clear to see vacancies and jobs have dropped as a result of the coronavirus outbreak. Recruiters are tight for budget because they are losing business, and job seekers are uncertain about looking for jobs as multiple businesses...
The government continues to stress the need of social distancing, and avoiding social gatherings where possible. However this does make it harder for those hiring to interview potential employees. This doesn’t mean that recruiting top talent in the aviation industry...